Back in the Wagon…
Well I fell of the triathlon wagon for about two weeks. I was burned out. Tired of swimming, biking and running. My stomach had even been revolting with all kind of issues. Add to this that my last race was so bad, it doesn’t even deserve a race report because all I would write is … I sucked. The End.
At the start of a new week and the end of a two week triathlon temper tantrum, Meg is back. How am I back? Well..
1. I registered for the St. George 70.3 Ironman again for May 2014. Stake in ground, new goal set. YAY! Coming back to kill my time from last year.
2. I went and lifted this morning. Something different than what I had been doing. Straight up raw metal and lifting. I lifted HEAVY. I was in an out of gym in 30 minutes. It FELT SO AWESOME!! Mixing it up, doing something different was just what my brain needed.
3. I FINALLY think my stomach issues are gone. I won’t go into details, but let’s just say it was needed.
4. I am mentally back. Really, most of it is mental isn’t it? I mean come on, we have to WANT to do it. I need goals ahead of me. I need something to work towards. If not, them I am like… la dee dah. Not good for Meg. So I have signed up for the Utah Half (it’s an 70.3 but not official Ironman) and next years hardest 70.3 Ironman in St. George.
5. Last night my husband looked right at me after I was on a little rant and just kissed me. That small gesture was huge for me. It said “Shut up Meg, you are loved, you are supported, now get your crap together!” I know that not what he was thinking but we girls hear what we want right?! 🙂
I have 10 weeks until my next 70.3 distance. And my RUNNING needs a serious kick in the you know what. Since lifting has taken me to my happy place today and the gym is only 1.1 miles from my house, therefore if I run to lift and run home. I’ll get at least 2.2 miles in every time I go to my happy place. Maybe my happy place will find me in my run.
How do you deal with burnout? How many rest days is too many rest days?